Van Buren Historic District Festival Rules, Terms, and Conditions
Thank You for your interest in our annual festivals. These events are sponsored
by The Old Town Merchants Association in cooperation with the City of Van Buren,
they attract crowds of several thousand and are regarded among the top festivals
in Arkansas. On Festival Weekends our Main Street is blocked to vehicle traffic.
Old Timers Day and the Fall Festival are both open shows. The Festivals will be
held rain or shine. Crafts, antiques and commercial items are welcome. We ask that
you read the following carefully and during your time spent with us you respect these
rules for the benefit and safety of everyone.
1. BOOTH SPACE: All vendor spaces measure 12 feet long and extend 10 feet from the
curb into the parking area of the street. All vendors are required to have a clean
attractive booth. No booth may have a flea market appearance. No electricity, tables,
canopies or water are furnished. All spaces are outside and along Main Street on
the asphalt. No stakes/nails may be used to secure tents or canopies. No soliciting
of merchandise outside your booth, all items must be kept in your space at all times.
No electronic audio equipment may be used in vendor booths. No music of any kind
may be played out of booths. No generators allowed to power booths. Sidewalk area
behind booths must be kept clear for potential emergency situations. No storage or
utility trailers allowed in the booth spaces. NO FOOD OR DRINK SALES OUT OF MERCHANDISE
BOOTHS, NO EXCEPTIONS! NO VENDOR PETS OR ANIMALS ARE ALLOWED DURING THIS FESTIVAL.
2. PARKING: NO PARKING BETWEEN THE ALLEYWAYS ADJACENT TO MAIN STREET WILL BE ALLOWED!
Vendor’s automobiles, trailers, motorhomes, etc. must be parked behind the side street
barricades. Periodical checks will be made and vehicles will be towed at owner’s
expense. After Saturday morning set-up, no vehicles will be allowed on Main Street
until after 5:00 PM on Sunday. All side streets and alleyways must be kept clear
of parked vehicles throughout the festival. Emergency vehicles and personnel must
have access to Main Street at all times! THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED!
3. COST: The cost for one booth (10’ X 12’) will be $75.00 for the duration of the
event. No refunds will be given for any reason.
4. CHECK-IN-POLICY: Every vendor must check in upon arriving at the festival. At
the time of check in, you will be given any last minute instructions from the festival
committee. CHECK-IN POINT IS LOCATED AT FIREFLY BOUTIQUE, 613 MAIN STREET. Check
in begins Friday at 10:00 AM and not before. If you do not check in by 8:00 AM Saturday
morning, we will assume you will not be attending the festival. Your space will
be forfeited and reassigned from our waiting list. We must have a 48 hour cancellation
5. BOOTH ASSIGNMENTS: Booth assignments will be given to vendors at check-in, while
every effort will be made to grant special requests, there is no guarantee such requests
will be granted. TOTMA reserves all rights to booth assignments.
6. SET-UP and HOURS OF OPERATION: Main Street will be closed to traffic beginning
at 6:00 PM Friday. Set-up will begin at this time and not before. You may begin
set-up after 6:00 pm Friday evening. Saturday set-up begins at 6:00 AM. All vehicles/trailers
shall be removed from the barricaded area immediately after unloading; prior to set-up.
Booths must be set up and ready for sales by 8:45 AM Saturday and all vehicles must
be removed from the street by this time.
7. FESTIVAL HOURS: Festival hours are 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM Saturday and 9:00 AM to
5:00 PM Sunday. You must occupy your booth at all times for both days.
8. TAKE DOWN ON SUNDAY: Vendors shall not bring vehicles into the exhibit area until
they are packed and ready to load. Vehicles will not be allowed in the exhibit area
until 5:00 PM Sunday. NO EARLY TAKE DOWNS ARE ALLOWED.
9. SALES TAX: Sales tax must be collected as required by Arkansas law. We will
provide all forms and remit the collected tax on your behalf if you do not have an
Arkansas Tax ID number. Sales tax forms shall be turned in to Firefly Boutique at
613 Main Street before you leave the festival.
10. SECURITY: Security is provided, beginning on Friday at 6:00 PM and continuing
throughout the festival by the Van Buren Police Department. The Old Town Merchants
Association, the City Of Van Buren, and/or the Van Buren Police Department are not
responsible for any property lost, damaged, or stolen.
11. APPLICATION: Please fill out the application on the following page and return
it with a self-addressed, stamped envelope for conformation of your acceptance.
12. TOTMA reserves all rights concerning the rules to include interpretation and
exceptions. This rules sheet shall be kept in each vendor boot at all times for
TOTMA Festival Committee, Mindy London, Vendor Chairman (580)-656-0717